Shengyi Lin- My Name

Shengyi Lin
September 10, 2018
ESLINTG 100
                               
                                         


       An Extraordinary Name for Me
      I love my name so much, but I must admit I didn’t know the meaning of my name until I graduated from primary school. Maybe you think this is funny, but honestly this name made me feel different than other people.
      I was born in 1998, which is the year of tiger in China. Tiger has always been a great animal for Chinese people because they think the tiger is ferocious and inviolable. Like a god, people can’t use our hands to touch it, so my aunt gave me this word 圣sheng, and other word 译yi. I still don’t know how to explain it because this word has too many means, but my aunt put these two words together to make me feel complicated. However my family members want me to be a sage.
      In fact, I had another name when I was a child in kindergarten. My grandmother taught me too many times about how to write that name, but it didn’t work because writing Chinese words was so hard for little me. The funniest thing is the teacher in kindergarten always gave us some easy work to do, and after we finished it, we needed write down the name on the paper. I didn’t know how to write my first name, so I wrote down other words that I knew, the teacher always thought “who is this kid?”
      For me, I love my name so much, many people always come to me and ask me about my name because they think my name so incredible and unforgettable, and they always want me explain to them about the story of my name. I am thankful that my family gave me this name and made my life more different.

Comments

  1. You name is very pleasant to hear and it is like a role's name of a drama. Your kindergarten's story is really fanny. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in your another name. Can you tell us more details? I have written my hard name since I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your have a very interesting childhood, and your name is so distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trick or treat, u know dat, yep, that’s right.

      Delete
  4. I never have friend name with sheng. I know a lot Chinese people like use Jun with their son. Jun means handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know that your name in chinses like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zezezeze...
      Don't be fooled by my handsome face. My name is also have a funny story...
      and thank u

      Delete

Post a Comment