A Warm Name


A Warm Name 


When my mother was pregnant, she had a good idea about my name. She wished her child would be a polite person. In addition, she liked a phrase in Chinese called “Bin Bin You Li”, which means someone has politeness. When I was born, my mother gave me Bin for my first name.

There is a mistake that often happened in my life. People usually think that my name is Bing what is very different from my first name, because it means cold, frozen or iced. I want to be a warm person, so I have to explain it every time.

This is the story about my name, it seems simple and common. However, the name is also not the best option for a female. Because many people consider that it is good for opposite gender, but I like my name because I have been using it for thirty years and it was a gift from my mother.

Finally, the meaning of a name may affect some people. People who depend on the meaning of names take the specific methods on the community. For example, I aways express my politeness everywhere, because I have a polite and warm name.



Comments

  1. One of my primary school classmates names Bin Bin also, but he is a boy. When I first time heard your name, I felt familiar and surprised. I think Bin Bin is a neutral name that suited both man and woman. Nice name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Liwo, Bin is like the boy name a little bit in English, but this name is OK between the boy and girl in Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bin this word means a lot in China, and this word also can make people think you are a polite and personable. It’s a nice name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think name is just a symbol of a person. It doesn't matter what gender it sounds like. I have the same situation with you and I like my name too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My uncle's name is also Bin, the name in Chinese has so much meaning. It is common but it is also special at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your name is very special to use for female, and even your attitude is same as the characteristics of your name. That is very particular and delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Bin. I think your name has a meaning related to kindness and courteous attitudes, so I really love your name. I hope that you will always be a warm person. You are really a good crony for me, and you are the one who I want to say thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Bin. I believe your name is beautiful. It did the good job because it reflect your personalities. Now I knew the meaning and you became more attractive both in your name and your inside beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment