Close to Me

Puyu Yang
ESLINTG 100
September 10. 2018
Close to Me
My name is Puyu Yang, and my nickname is Yang. What makes me really curious is that so many people can’t read my name correctly, even if he is a Mandarin speaker. However, I have never tried to change my name because I think that name is not so important for me. The most important thing for me is that I am shaping my character behind my name, and I am trying to climb up from ignorance. A name is just a label of me which does not have the capacity to decide my value.
My name was chosen from a divination performed by my uncle who was regarded as a prophet, and who predicted everything without explicable scientific knowledge. However, I love my uncle and my name, even if I believe that he is just a weird wizard.                                                                        
To be honest, depending on my personal experience and personality type, I prefer to calculate or write than to speak, so I really think it sophisticated for me to learn English. What’s more, this year is my first year here. Sometimes I can’t articulate specifically,but I am now looking forward to improving my English in this class. I will try my best to do it. Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Hi, I am Liwo, your uncle choose a good name, but why you just look so upset in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a name is just a code for a person and character is built up from our life experiences.
    I agree with you that"A name does not have the capacity to decide one's value".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you not think that name does have an impact on our personality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can change your name, would you like to change it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment