Name With a Lifetime

Name With a Lifetime

     Everyone's name has special meanings and history. My full name is Wenyao. I love my name because in China my name means a bright culture. The meaning of it is also shinning like the sun and happiness.
      I was not named after anyone. However, my middle name Wen is inherited from a phrase of my genealogy. The sentence is a greeting of a big family that hopes to become greater and greater. For the same seniority in a big family, they must have the same middle name as Wen.
     When I was named, my grandparents gave Hui as a reference. However, my father didn't like it because it is too ordinary, so he changed it to Yao. In another way, as a saying goes,“ The higher degree you have, the deeper culture level you own", so my parents hoped that I would have a higher degree one day. The name finally is made of Wenyao, but my degree is still not high. In addition, sometimes I am sad because of my name Yao, which is called 耀 in a Chinese word and this character has twenty strokes, which makes it quite difficult to write.
     Although my name is not special or unique, I will own it in my whole life.


Comments

  1. Hi, I am Liwo. This name is great enough in Chinese, but what a pity in English because no emotion. This is a literary name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you sad because you didn't get a high degree? yao means brilliant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your name is really meaningful, and exclusive. Try your best to get good grades, and I think you can do it. Come on, Yao.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment