Origination of My Given Name



I received a special given name with combination of three words created by my parents, and my English name is suggested from my aunt. After I was born, my father added the English Name into my first name on the official documents.
Indeed, I am uncertain about the meaning of my given name. I comprehend my parents would like to use the same naming pattern in the family. Since my grandfather gave his children their names by using same naming pattern, my father did the same for his children. However, my father did not pick the English names starting with same first letter.
I found a girl has the same Chinese given name and English name, but her given name translated in English is not the same as me, and she does not have her English name added into her official documents. Luckily, I acquired the special given name on my official documents, and it represents me. During my childhood, I got a few nicknames from my classmates. Some nicknames came from brands or objects such as boat and banana boat dessert. Even though my parents and some certain friends prefer to call my Chinese name, most people call me Sandra currently.

Comments

  1. What kind of pattern did you mentioned in your essay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the first name of Chinese name may consist of one word or two words, the same naming pattern means one of those words in the first name must use the same word in the family, such as XR, XT, XY, XZ..... or AX, BX, CX, DX..... for the first name.

      Delete
  2. The birth of your name seems to be really complex and intricate, but your name is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment