Same Name Different Me
If you call my name in the street in China, probably three or four women will turn their heads and answer you. ShuXian, that’s my name. It means a girl who is elegant and virtuous in Chinese culture. Also, it’s a really common and kind of old-fashioned name in China. When I was a child, my mom told me that my aunt chose it for me. I was kind of sad at the time because I wish my name came from my parents. However, I am still grateful that my aunt gave me my name.
Time flies fast. Now, I have become an adult. I completely understand why my aunt chose this name for me. As I said before, my name means elegant and virtuous together. When I was born, the People’s Republic of  China was beginning. However, people still thought girls shouldn’t be too strong, so girls who are virtuous at home are perfect in their mind. I guess my aunt wishes me to be a person like that.
Unfortunately, I don’t think my aunt’s wish will come true. First of all, my personality doesn’t quite fit the meaning of my name. Moreover, I want to do more of what I want and do more of what makes me happy. Above all, I would like to grow up more and become a new me. I hope I can be brave, kind to everyone, but still elegant in my life.    

Comments

  1. Emmm.. Actually I cannot see your whole essay. Something was worry but I like your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. Most parents would like to use the names to give their children have the same characteristics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's that normal that I never seen woman call ShuXian before. Anyway I think you can be what you are hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In fact, the meaning of the name is so wonderful. In addition, I don't think your name is common.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment