Sea of Sorrow

Maryam Zahid


Sea of Sorrow
My name is Maryam. The name is mentioned in the Quran, and it means pure, virtuous and devoted to God. These three ideas go with my personality, which I really like. It also means sea of sorrow or sea of bitterness. Maryam is an Arabic name, and it was also a name of female Prophet. She was the mother of Isa, but she had difficult life. According to Quran, Prophet Isa was born miraculously, without a father by the will of God. Society didn’t believe her, so she had to live under society’s negative thinking.

When I was younger, I had many serious injuries and illnesses. People used to say Maryam is a heavy name, and they told my mother thar she should change my name. They said my name is having a bad impact on me. Only because my mother believe in such myths, she didn’t change my name. I am very happy and proud that mother didn’t listen because I believe that what has happened in my past and what will happen in my future was written for me before I even had name. My difficulties will not look to see what my name is before coming into my life. My name is my identity, not my destiny. I am glad to be known as Maryam, and I love this name

Comments

  1. Yes, a name is one's identity, I think you through you own efforts, you will be more and more lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, your mother did not change your name, and even you like your remarkable name. It makes me have deep impression to remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off the charts! I really agree you that "My name is my identity, not my destiny". Name is the label, but it never stop your footstep to the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our name never stops us and I think it's very important to understand that our destiny and name are two different things.

      Delete
  4. I think it's very important to figure out that you are the one who is living your life not your name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree because I have seen people who judge the person just by the name without even meeting with the person.

      Delete
  5. Your name is similar to " Mary," sometimes I confuses your name. Lol:) I like your name though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maryam is an Arabic version of name Mary and thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment