Something Special for You





Something Special for You
  I have two different names. One is Xiaoxia Chen, which is from my parents, and the other one is Ivy, which just from myself. Actually, there is no special thing about the name of Ivy. When I studied in high school, my English teacher said we had to have an English name, and then I saw a movie on TV. One of the actor’s names was Ivy, so I chose it, because of this name so easy to write and to remember. Even though I chose this name, because it looks easy to write and to remember, I still love my English very much.
  My Chinese name has more special meaning than my English name. My Chinese name has come from my grandfather and my mother. My first name is Xiaoxia. Xiao in Chinese means dawn and daybreak, and xia means morning, evening glow or rosy clouds. The sunrise gave sunshine to a new day. I like to tell people a new day is coming and everything will restart and get better. In the evening, my name tells me, this day is over. If I feel very bad in this day, it is ok because today is past, just go to sleep, the new hope comes from tomorrow. I love my name so much because it always gives me some courage to my life. The last name I just inherited from my father.

  Finally, I love my names, both of them.

Comments

  1. I like the meaning behind your Chinese name. No matter today is full of sadness, but new hope must come tomorrow. Every day is a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your name is so special, but I think it is also common because I saw my friends ' names have these words too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you name, it means hopes and the bad things will be pass away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment