Weak but not Shame



Weak but not Shame



        “What was your name again?” That’s the most common reaction after people hear my name. My name is kind of common in the U.S. but not in Hong Kong. Some of the people in school in Hong Kong used to make fun of my name because they thought it was weird, but I love my name despite all the problems.

        My godmother gave me my name, and it’s a name of the angels. The majority of the people think it’s a fancy name, and that’s why I love it. However the truth is not because you will be aware that the angel is not as saint as people may think after you read some of the story. They are weak sometimes, and that is part of the reason why I love my name. In Hong Kong, people will give their children name as the fanciest name as they can to show what they want their children to be. Compared to that, I love the “weakness” that is behind my name.

        It’s not bad to be weak, but it’s terrible for people to do nothing after they know how weak they are. I can tell I got a lot of motivation to make myself become a better person because of my godmother. 

Comments

  1. I always wonder your name is a little bit “weird” because i have never heared a person name is Gabriel, but after I understand your name meaning, i think this name is so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in your name. Can you tell me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know the story behind your name is angle and god. cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I was also come from Hong Kong too. I don't know Gabriel means angle before, but now I know it from your story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last semester, I thought "Gabriel" is your nickname. Until now, I know that is your real name lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment