A Distinctive Name





       A lot of people's names have meaning, but I am the person whose name doesn't have any meaning. My name is Huiquan Chen. It is very unique because nobody has the same name as me. Sometimes I like my name because nobody's name is similar to me, especially male names in Chinese. However, sometimes I don't like my name because I was named after my older sister.
       Our names have three characters in Chinese. My sister's name in Chinese character is "陈惠清“. My name in Chinese character is "陈惠泉”. The first two characters in my name are the same as my sister. My parents only changed the third character of my name. When I put the third character of my name and my sister's name together, it becomes "清泉", which means "clear water". These are two words come to my mind when I think about my name. Whenever somebody asks about my Chinese name, I always tell them the third character which is "quan"because I think this is my real name that belongs to me. It can really represent me and identify who I am.

Comments

  1. Good story about your name, your name sounds as clear as spring water. I like it bro !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend first name call huiqing too. The name of your sister is common but your name is special. Reminds me of ancient Chinese poetry。

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't want to say your name, few people can guess your real name "quan" because it is an incredible word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment