A Light Mistake

     Every family has a child named Jinming, which is my name. It is a simple word in Chinese. However, it means a lot. It includes the sun and moon. There is no story behind my name. My parents told me that they just came up with this word and named me. They just want me to have a great future and to be able to figure out problems easily when I am in trouble. I am kind of like my name. However, there is one time I felt embarrassed about my name. My name has two characters. Jin(晋) is my first character, but Chinese has a similar one called Pu(普). My teacher messed up my name with this character. He called me Puming couple times when he checked our names, but nobody answered him. He started to yell to us, "Is there anyone called Puming" He ever wrote it down on the blackboard with force. The sound he made was raspy. I soon realized that he was calling my name. He did not write or spell my name correctly, so I did not answer him. I pointed out the mistake to him immediately, and everyone laughed. After that, a few people made fun of me.
    Because of the mistake he made, we did not have a good relationship for a while. I have found out his advantages. In study, he would mention the main point couple times patiently. In daily, he would share his life experiences to us as a closed friend. Gradually, we become friend.

Comments

  1. Gook luck to you! I believe that behind the name is more character, good character has better popularity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't mess up your name because one of my favorite actors has the same character "jin" with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment