My meaningful name

Lijun Zhu

ESLINTG 100

September 11, 2018

Draft 3

                                                       My meaningful name


           My first name is Lijun. It means nothing special in English, bit it means some]thing special in

Chinses. I don't know how the other cultures give name to their children. However, in my culture, the

 parents think the name can effect their children's whole life. My grandfather also gave name to me

for a purpose.


           My sister's name is Shimin. Which means beauty and gentle in Chinese. I don't like her name

 because I think my name is better than hers. My name means friendly, honestly and beauty. The

other reason my grandfather gave me this name is because he wants a boy. Because of his

 superstition, he believed that my name could make my parent's next child be a boy. It was true. I

have a brother and he is already nineteen years old.


              This is all about my name. Although my grandfather died, I will fulfil his wishes. My parent

 asked me to change my name if I want, but I didn't want to because it relates my grandfather's wishes

 to me.



Comments

  1. I like your brother's name for sure. Shimin is the first of the Emperor Taizong of Tang. In this
    period, China was the most prosperous in history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can your name effect your life now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got little bit confused that your name have two different meaning in English and Chinese or not? Also I think it was great to have this kind of connection between your name and your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment